Summer Lovin'

Summer Lovin'

Sunday, January 25, 2009

On a roll here in Little Rock

I am so lucky to be here with my mom for a week. I have MISSED her. She is looking good, last day of the 2nd round of chemo today, then comes the hard part when her immune system goes to the crapper. I am glad to be here to help her through this week. We are watching "Gone with the Wind" like old times and reading a lot. It is weird to have so much down time between visits to the chemo room, but that is how it goes, you just roll with it. I got to meet some other patients yesterday and I am so inspired by them, some way too young, with young families, but their spirit is what gets me, big smiles and a "bring it on" attitude, I pray for them too everyday. I miss my family back home, I called Corby yesterday and he was giving Clayton a bath at 2:00 in the afternoon. I asked why a bath now, he said something about some BBQ sauce? Ha ha!! This week will make me appreciate my little family, messes and all......

2 comments:

Ticey said...

Your mom has been in my prayers. I really enjoy reading her journal. Seems like she's got a great attitude too! We all need to remember to be more appreciative...the BBQ sauce comment made me smile!

Ashley said...

You and momma are in my prayers!! Lots of love to you.

Our Anniversary

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Madison's Birthday

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Clayton's Birthday

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed