Summer Lovin'

Summer Lovin'

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Golf Tournament

Oh wow, there is so much to say. We had a fabulously successful tournament on 9/11, a much better way to remember that day in my opinion. The weather was awesome and 25 golf teams drove all the way to Verdigris to golf. My mom made it through 9 holes, took a party break, and then finished up on 18. Corby had all of the golfers wait on the 18th hole to watch her putt in the final ball. I could not make it as I was planning party central, but everyone said it was cool. Then everyone came to our house (probably about 100 people) for appetizers, a shrimp boil, a silent auction, live music and fun. We turned our back yard into a party place with tiki torches, a giant tent set with a bar with bartenders, Tyler and Zach our neighbors, and a band (my brother and his friends). Kent, Kellen and Brian were amazing as usual, I wish I could watch him play more often. Morgan made amazing signs for the hole sponsorships and flyers to help us get donations. Nana and her friend Loretta cooked and slaved with me all day in preparation and Betsy helped with all of the last minute preparations and the silent auction. Whitney, Lezly, Karen and Jodi all brought food for the masses. Many of our family, friends, etc. donated items for the auction (I think we raised over $2,000 just with the auction) Corby was the mastermind behind it all and got the tornament organized and supplied all of the chairs, ha ha! As you can see, this event could not have happened without all of our wonderful family and friends who gave their support in many different ways. My mom and dad were amazed at all of the support. We had golfers from Chicago (Mom's work friends) and family from Kansas and Washington DC in attendance. It was a perfect day we will never forget. I will get pictures posted soon (this awesome guy with a great eye and a great camera got some AMAZING pictures) and a total amount of contributions posted....we are taking a break for now and trying to get our house cleaned, that is a laugh. Thank you to all, it was an awesome day!!!!!!

2 comments:

Ticey said...

That's awesome! I'm so glad to hear it was a success!

Matthew and Emily Clothier said...

I'm so glad it was great! I thought about you all weekend! Love you lots! And I'm so proud of the aweome daughter and mother you are being!

Our Anniversary

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Madison's Birthday

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Clayton's Birthday

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed